The Carson-Newman Library’s Fireside Room officially opened on Saturday morning. Here are a few photos of the beautiful study area!
Check out our Lease Books board over on Pinterest for a virtual way to browse some of our current Lease Books:
To log in to the mobile app (iOS, Android):
1. Access NML [in your computer's browser] and select “Playlists” in the gray menu bar near the top of the page.
2. Click “Sign Up” on the right side of the page.
3. Follow the on-screen prompts. An activation email will be sent to you.
4. Check your inbox and follow the instructions in the email. The email may be in your junk folder.
5. Once the playlist account has been activated, you can use that username and password to log in to the mobile apps.
This has been answered here on our LibAnswers page (answer is copied below for your convenience)
First, be certain you are using the “off campus” Films on Demand: Master Academic Collection link. You can recognize proxied or off campus links by the 0- at the front of the url, and the .library.acaweb.org after the domain (ex: http://0-digital.films.com.library.acaweb.org/Dashboard.aspx). Being certain you are using the off campus url ensures that you find the right link that will work on or off campus.
Once you are in Films on Demand, the easiest way to find the Persistent URL is to use the citation option under the video:
Which when you click on it will give you the PURL as part of the citation:
Things are beginning to take shape in the Fireside Room. The bookcases are mounted to the wall, and some of the furniture has arrived.
We even have some panels of books that will be used for wall decor.
You can also see part of one of the area rugs and one of the cornices in the above photo.
We have our director hard at work making sure that the room will be ready in time for homecoming!
The following government provided databases are currently unavailable due to the shutdown:
The following government provided databases and websites appear to be functioning as normal as of 9 am on October 1st: